Table of Contents
What is EasyCatalog?
EasyCatalog is a complete data-driven publishing solution, allowing users to create content automatically within InDesign by merging pre-designed libraries with product information contained within a database or spreadsheet. This process is not unlike mail-merging a letter.
EasyCatalog can be used to design catalogs, pricelists, brochures, directories and other structured publications.
EasyCatalog includes powerful tools to assist you in creating well-designed layouts that can easily be repeated to create hundreds of catalog pages within a matter of minutes.
Key software features
- Provides a link between the product database and the content, alerting users to any changes as the source data is updated.
- Allows you to easily manage links to product and category images, including highlighting missing images.
- Data may be filtered and grouped to allow you to create content relevant to a particular section of your catalog.
- Provides an option to allow you to push updates back to the source data.
Features of an automated catalog
- Different layouts may easily be applied to different products and/or categories.
- Data is easily formatted e.g. as currency, number, HTML/rich text.
- Images may be linked to a folder or DAM (digital asset management) reference
- Easily create table of contents, product indexes and other cross references
What do I need to get started?
To begin automating your catalog you will need:
- Adobe InDesign
- Product data
- Product images/drawings
- An idea of your proposed catalog layout
Learn more about beginning your automated catalog journey with our Getting started with your automated catalog guide.